June 28, 2018

A Simply Wonder Full Quilt

Sometime last year I responded to a Instagram request from Deane of Sweet Bee Designs. She was looking for people that would be able to help fabric designers out by making projects for Quilt Market. I applied and forgot about it. Then I received an email letting me know I would be put on a list for Sweet Bee Designers to contact. Then I received an email from Lizzie Clark wanting to know if I could make a pillow and a quilt for Spring Quilt Market using her beautiful new Alexandria line. I. Was. Ecstatic.

I was even more excited when Lizzie contacted me again to to see if I'd like to participate in a blog hop using her new fabric line, Wonder Full. I soon had 14 beautiful fat quarters from her new collection to create with. (Now, this is where most bloggers would show you a pretty, artfully-aranged stack of the fabrics. I, however, get pretty excited to sew and start cutting up fabric as soon as I receive it.)


I decided I wanted to feature large pieces of these fabrics, so I decided to make the Spectacle Quilt using a free pattern by Faith of  Fresh Lemons Quilts. She designed the quilt for Project Linus, and if you're looking for a great but beginner-friendly quilt to comfort someone, this pattern is perfect. (My do. Good Stitches charity bee circle makes quilts for Project Linus, and we have two quilts in the works using this pattern.) I made 30 of the 10" (finished) blocks which makes a nice-sized lap quilt measuring 50" x 60".


You may have noticed that the quilt is  currently without its binding. (It's kind of my thing. I've been known to give binding-less quilts as gifts then take them back to finish!) I'm still adjusting to my son being out of school for the summer and not being able to quilt uninterrupted on my days off. Very soon it will have a lovely berry-colored binding.


I quilted it on my longarm using the Unwind pantograph from Urban Elementz.


Thank you, Lizzie, for letting me be part of your blog hop and create a quilt with your pretty new line of Wonder Full fabric. The quilting community is full of such wonderful, supportive people. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other beautiful creations with Wonder Full by Lizzie Clark at these blogs:


6/25 Sarah at Sarah Goer Quilts
6/26 Becky at Be So Crafty
6/27 Becca at Sunflower Seams

6/28 Stephanie at Steph Jacobsons Designs
6/29 Allison at Allison Sews
6/30 Andy at A Bright Corner
7/1 Lissa at Lovingly Lissa
7/2 Jennifer at Dizzy Quilter
7/3 Sherry at Powered by Quilting

1 comment:

  1. Steph, you are too funny! You give them as binding-less quilts... I love it! Your quilt looks so good!

    ReplyDelete