Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Reviving the blog...again...

If you follow me on Instagram (@stephkucera), you may have seen my post tonight about blogs and blogging. Blogging is a lot of work...the pictures, the hyperlinks, the witty/intelligent writing. Instagram is much easier...take a pic, add a caption, throw in some hashtags. Wham, bam, done. Every so often, I think about reviving my blog. So. Much. Work.

Today I was perusing Instagram which eventually led me to the blog of Pinkadot Quilts. I lost track of how much time I spent reading her posts. I was inspired. I miss the in-depth info and connections you get from blogging. (I seriously feel like Pinkadot Quilts and I are friends now. Or at least we should be.) Don't get me wrong. I love Instagram, and I have met some amazing new quilty friends there. It doesn't have the negative vibe of Facebook. (The election is over...can we please move on.)

So this evening I took another look at my blog. I updated the header with pictures of my favorite projects that make me happy. Maybe they'll make somebody else happy, too. I updated my blog with a more clean and simple look. I expanded my description to include more about who I think I am. I looked at a few of the (very old) tutorials I posted years ago. Guess what? I had forgotten about (but really like) those fabric gift bags I made in 2011, and since I have a record of how I made them, I (and you!) can easily make more.

I know I say this every year or so, but I'm going to give this blogging thing another try. And since blog posts need pictures, I leave you with this one. Last weekend I took my son to a kids' Christmas ornament craft day at The Makery. He specifically chose the ornament crafts that required using a hot glue gun. I love this boy.




1 comment:

Dina said...

Welcome back! I don't do instgram, but my blog has been on hiatus for a while now, too.