What we ate. . .
One of my goals this year is to help out more with the cooking duties and to actually try some of the 175+ recipes I have pinned so I can either delete them or move them over to my recipe success board.
- breakfast egg omelet muffins: Easy and delicious!
- oven-baked chicken tacos: One of my go-to favorite recipes though I omit the peppers and canned tomatoes to keep everyone (mostly me) happy. Bonus is there's lots of leftovers for more tacos or nachos.
- world's best chicken: I don't know about "world's best" but it was quick and easy and the chicken was really juicy. The leftovers made for some pretty yummy chicken salad for lunch (chopped up the chicken with pecans, Craisins, Miracle Whip and a spoon of dijon mustard).
- cream cheese lemon bars: These are my go-to dessert and I made them for the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild sew in on Saturday. I'm usually disappointed with cake mix recipes but this one is delicious.
- I took my son the the boys' high school basketball game on Friday night. It's hard to believe it's been 20+ years since I spent most of my Friday/Saturday nights doing that.
- My son had his first basketball practice Friday evening from 8:15-9:30pm. They're seven years old. Apparently gym time is a little hard to come by.
- My son and I went to the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild sew in on Saturday and made charity quilt blocks.
- My husband and I had a rare date night Saturday night to celebrate my friend's birthday...dinner at Kobe Steakhouse then drinks after. We stayed out until midnight which is so late for us!
- In preparation for the Lincoln Half-Marathon in May, I ran 5 miles on the treadmill on Sunday...that is the farthest I have ever run. I can't believe I ran for almost an hour.
Hopefully I can get back on track with my blogging goal and figure out an easy way to get pictures into my posts.