February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day infinity scarf

Sew, Mama, Sew is having a Little Gifts of Love Challenge. So I made a little gift for myself...a heart day infinity scarf. (My 7-year-old son served as photographer for this photo shoot, and I think he did a great job!)

There are so many tutorials out there and I can't even find the one I originally used. I've made so many at this point I don't need the instructions anymore. If you want to make your own, there's a good tutorial here. I usually use knit fabric but for this one I used a lightweight cotton fabric I bought at Joann's several years ago. I can't remember exactly why I purchased it, but I think I had this crazy idea I was going to make Valentine's Day candy bags for my son's daycare class. Yeah...didn't happen.


See...some days I do make an effort...cute skinny jeans and boots, trendy (from a few years ago) turquoise/red color combo, actually wearing earrings. I also just colored my hair to cover the gray. I was feeling a little crazy at Target and went with medium auburn...it's pretty red. I'm not sure what my husband is going to think of that. I was sucked in by the claims of 100% gray coverage and the "promise" of looking 10 years younger. I'm not really 27...I just look like it. :)

And of course there is dog poop on the ground right behind me. Figures.  Happy Valentine's Day!


2/16/14:  Thanks for choosing my scarf as the csi project pick!
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. What a cute scarf for Valentines day! Your son did a great job of taking the pictures! I didn't even notice the dog poo. but that is funny! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say thank you. Ran into your blog while googling for ideas to straight line quilt a disappearing 9 patch. The thanks is for all the inspiration you've put out there. As I look through your blog I'm so inspired by the quilts and other ideas you've posted. So this internet stranger is just giving you a shout out and a thank you!

    ReplyDelete