July 24, 2013

wip Wednesday {7/24/13}

I have so many wips and not much motivation to sew. (I hate when that happens.) So, some of the projects in my mess of a sewing room are. . .

A simple "i spy" patchwork quilt top. I was inspired by this Tea Rose Home tutorial but instead of gingham sashing, I used a bright orange polka dot I had in my stash. My friend is having a 1st birthday party for her daughter next month so I though this would be a cute gift. I have a fun Moda print in my stash for the backing.

Bead bags for Beads of Courage. One of the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild members brought this charity opportunity to our attention at our last guild meeting. I have 2 bags finished and 4 more in various stages of done-ness. I like sewing for charities that benefit my community, and these bags will be donated to the Beads of Courage program at Children's Hospital & Medical Center.


String quilt blocks for Children's Square Home in Council Bluffs, Iowa. I enjoy making string quilt blocks and again it's nice that they will benefit my local community. (They want these sent in untrimmed and it's killing me. My favorite part of making the blocks is trimming them and seeing how beautiful they are.)


 Here's hoping I find some motivation this weekend to get some of these projects completed!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Your projects look great! That not trimming the string blocks would kill me too. I get why, but you're right, it really is the best part.

    ReplyDelete