February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday

If you are interested in joining my i spy fabric charm swap, please see this post or our flickr group.

* * *

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

With my participation in some fabric swaps, I have discovered many new blogs over the past few weeks and several of those blogs led me to WIP Wednesday at freshly pieced.  Since I am forever starting new projects and rarely finishing any of them, I figured some on-line accountability could be a good thing.  (And since I usually have Wednesdays off from my real job, there's actually a chance I will blog about it on a regular basis.)

I have a huge problem with making lots and lots of quilt tops and never finishing them.  Making tops is just too much fun.  Before I receive any charm swap fabric and start even more new quilts, I figured I'd better finish some of my WIPs.  Before today, I had 4 completed tops, 2 being quilted (including one that was intended as a Christmas gift for my mother in law), and fabric cut for several more tops.  This week I made significant progress on two quilt projects.

I finished quilting this cute little baby quilt using Elizabeth Hartman's instructions for FMQ loopy flowers.  While some flowers turned out better than others, it was a fun way of quilting and I'm sure I'll get better with practice.  I like the back of the quilt because I love the look of quilting with white thread on predominantly white fabric.  I just need to finish hand-sewing the binding and it will be done!


(While a drawback of my 5-year-old son growing like a weed means I have to buy him new jeans again, it is nice he's now tall enough to hold up my baby quilts.)

I also pulled out a quilt top I had initially blogged about in January 2011--so it's been in the finish pile for awhile.  It's The Road Trip Quilt from Cluck Cluck Sew.  Over the weekend I made the quilt sandwich and started quilting it--just randomly spaced horizontal lines but it's finally on it's way to being finished.


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 0
Currently in progress - 6 quilts (and too many others to count!)

2 comments:

  1. those flowers are so cute! I've got a baby quilt waiting to be quilted and I'd completely forgotten about her tutorial. They might just be the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the FM flowers, it's a pattern I have been meaning to try and then I get scared and just meander instead!!

    ReplyDelete