Sunday, October 30, 2011

a finished quilt

After sharing so many quilt tops, I finally have a finished blanket to show off.
It's another disappearing nine patch (of course) made up of 45 6-inch squares. I made this little quilt completely from supplies I had on hand. I have a bad habit of purchasing little remnants of cute fabrics (like the multi-colored polka dot and the white fabrics), but I never end up using them. Turns out they're perfect for a D9P. Some of the other fabrics (blue and white check and blue and yellow plaid) are leftovers from some of the first blankets I made several years ago. The finished size of this blanket is about 32 inches x 40 inches. I backed it in a blue chambray-type fabric leftover from decorating my son's room, and I quilted it in random straight lines across the width and length of the blanket.
This little blanket is for nobody in particular--I just wanted to make something from my fabric stash. I'd like to make more and donate them to a worthwhile cause like Project Linus or an organization that assists expectant mothers.

2 comments:

T Byrd said...

I love this quilt!

I am so intimidated by quilting but would love to do it! I have a crazy fabric stash and rarely know what to do with it

KathyinMN said...

I know you did this a while ago, but I LOVE the way you quilted it. It inspired me to do something similar (straight line quilting I can do). Really fantastic!