June 12, 2011

vacation's over. . .back to the daily grind

I've been a bad blogger.  I think it's been 2 weeks since my last blog post.  At least it was a really awesome post about homemade sidewalk paint/chalk.  I have several half-done projects (some which aren't going so well), so I've got nothing crafty to share.  My family just got back from a nice, relaxing vacation at the lake.  So how 'bout some photos of that instead?

Pouring rain on the drive up to South Dakota.

Finally stopped raining so we could do a little fishing.

A super crabby 4-year-old boy who was bored most of the time and did not want his picture taken.  Some day he'll appreciate vacation and the fact that you don't have to do anything but relax.

Finally some clear blue skies and a beautiful sunset on the lake.

Lots of relaxation!

I love vacation.  I read 3 books in 4 days.  I didn't stress about work.  I didn't check my e-mail or Facebook the entire time.  I didn't take my iPod.  I kicked back and did nothing and didn't feel guilty about it.  I drank wine.  I enjoyed being with my family.  I need to go on vacation more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment