May 11, 2011

blanket for a baby boy

My friend is expecting a baby boy in June.  Her baby shower is this Saturday and I am so looking forward to it.  (I love baby showers.)  When I found out she was expecting back in January, I started sewing all sorts of handmade goodies including this blanket--

All of the blocks in the border were from fabric scraps.  I had a pile of scraps sitting on my sewing table after various projects when I realized how nice they all looked together.  The center piece and binding are from a remnant of quilting fabric I got super cheap at Hancock's.

The black backing fabric is from my stash, and I think it's chambray, maybe?  I quilted it in a diagonal pattern with gray thread.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I hope mom and baby enjoy it, too.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great quilt! I'm sure the recipients will love it! I love your planning in January =)

    ReplyDelete