May 15, 2011

baby blocks and rings

Have you visited Make It and Love It? Ashley makes really cute stuff and shares some wonderful tutorials. I used her cloth baby blocks tutorial to make these:
The cute striped fabric was a remnant I picked up at Hobby Lobby  and the blue and brown fabrics were from my stash. I cut blocks in three different sizes (5&1/2", 5", and 4&1/2" to end up with blocks approximately 5", 4&1/2", and 4"). I thought it would be cute if baby could stack the blocks in a tower. Except cloth blocks can be a little hard to stack.

I really liked the instructions for attaching the top and bottom panels to the blocks by clipping out the corners before sewing. The corners turned out perfectly. I also used the cloth ring tutorial to make these--




Cute, cute, cute! I kind of wanted to keep them for myself, but they were part of a gift basket for a baby shower I attended yesterday. Thanks for stopping by!


(I spent $3.15 on the striped fabric remnant, but only had to use about 1/4 yard ($1.05).  The blue and brown fabric were from my stash.  If you're buying fabric you'll need about 1/4 yard each of three different fabrics.  Polyfil is about $2.50/bag, but you'll only use part of the bag.)

2 comments:

  1. Love nice soft toys for babies! I saw that fabric at Hobby Lobby and thought it was cute. THanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete