January 8, 2011

old habits

One of my many goals this year is to decrease what I buy and use from my stash instead.  Easier said than done.  I was wandering through Target yesterday and made the mistake of checking out the clearance section in housewares.  And I found an entire endcap of clearance shower curtains.


A piece of 72" x 72" fabric for $2.48.  It's a neat burlap-type fabric but not as scratchy as burlap.  And it's a fancy color--"chatham tan."  So what is one to do?  Apparently you exercise some restraint and only buy four.  Of course I need a couple in "guacamole" too.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I am a sucker for that too! Must be the consumer in us. If you have a problem, don't go to Ikea. I always get sheets/curtains there to cut up and make into something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Steph - I'm a firm believer now more than ever of 'use what you have', buy less, make more, wear it out, use it up. Unfortunately some buys are too good to pass up. It'll be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete