August 16, 2010

freezer paper and spray paint

Back in April I wrote about my love for freezer paper and bleach. My new love is freezer paper and spray paint. On Sunday I finally had time to try this awesome tutorial from Crap I've Made to jazz up a plain morsbag. My husband took my son fishing. They were gone for 6 hours. That's probably the most alone time I've had in the last 3&1/2 years. I made a freezer paper stencil using a google image of a recycling symbol and some metallic silver spray paint. A really bad picture of the really cool result:
I recommend making sure your fabric is completely covered before you start spraying. On the first bag I stenciled I thought I had the fabric sufficiently covered, but some spray paint managed to float under the newspaper I used so there's a faint spray paint line on the side and top of the stencil.
It's not too noticeable, so I'll just keep this bag for myself! On the second bag, I made sure to tape the paper down with masking tape. I love this stencil so much, I want to make a cute shirt for my son. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's cool! I've been wanting to try freezer paper for awhile now...just haven't had the guts to do it. You did a great job. :) Visiting from The CSI Project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, it looks great! I need to jump on this freezer paper bandwagon.

    <3 Roo @ nicegirlnotes dot com

    ReplyDelete