July 27, 2010

rescued basket with liner

My mom and I both have a problem with throwing/giving things away. She is trying to clean out her basement and gave me this basket.

I decided to try and make a lining for it using a thrifted sheet I purchased for 99 cents at Goodwill. I am pretty impressed with how well the lining fit over the top of the basket. I cut off the side hems of the sheet to use for the ties.

I put some pleats in the bottom corners to taper the lining. The inside is a little baggy, but it still looks pretty good.

The basket in action--full of toys.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! & it turned out so well. Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love it. Don't you just love Goodwill? It's my secret source for finding fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this very same basket....Hmmm, could it be mine? You worked wonders with it. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete