Friday, April 30, 2010

more shirts

I made two more shirts for my son yesterday using a stencil I found at spraypaintstencils.  There's quite a few free stencils on this site, and I like that there are a lot that can be used for making "boy" shirts.  I used the skateboarder stencil and enlarged it on the copy machine at the library to get the size I wanted.  First we made this shirt--

The color wasn't changing very fast, so I used a hair dryer to speed it up.  I think I took the template off too soon as it started to bleed around the edges, but it gives it a cool, distressed look.  Since we had the bleach out, I made another shirt for this fall--

I accidentally dripped some bleach on this one, so I just sprayed the whole thing down.  I picked up this shirt for 99 cents at Goodwill.  Now I won't be able to pass up all those stained, well-worn shirt since I'll be able to "fix" them.  I am loving these freezer paper stencils and will try to paint some shirts this weekend.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

These shirts turned out great!! Can't wait to try this for my son!

Cara said...

Oh the bleach makes it look so cool!! don'tcha love a hapy accident ;)