Friday, March 27, 2009

365 Cards Day 25 & 26

My husband took my son to visit Nana today, so I had a little time to catch up on card challenges. The challenge for 365 Cards Day 25 - Ad Inspired was to make a card based on this ad chosen by Kristie:


I was immediately drawn to the colors and floral pattern, but I love just about anything that has green in it. Here's my card:


I used by Cuttlebug to emboss the cardstock and used a little white paint to emphasize the embossing.

For Day 26, the challenge was to use colors we normally don't. I surveyed my cardstock and paper stash and found a lot of unused gray and yellow from my paper packs, so I made this card--


It reminds me of the circus. I printed "happy birthday" on the inside and will be mailing this one off to my good friend tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Karen Lee said...

You did an awesome job on both of these cards!

Rose said...

Both cards are great!! the ad inspired one is my fav, you rocked that challenge!!!

~amy~ said...

Okay, love both of your cards...the ad inspired one is fabulous...I chuckled at your "Color me anything but that" card...I LOVE yellow and grey together...

kristie sessions said...

oooh. i am loving both of these! I am a sucker for grey and yellow. You did fab!