Thursday, January 15, 2009

2S4Y Weekly Sketch--Laura's Sketch 17

Over at 2 Sketches 4 You this week, the Spring Design Team Call was announced. Laura also offered this inspiring sketch--

I made this card based on Laura's sketch, and it also works for the EtsyGreetings January challenge--

I had made several attempts at a card for the EtsyGreetings challenge, but nothing was working. I already had stamped the red "love" background, and when I saw Laura's sketch on Monday, everything fell into place. The cardstock is Making Memories, and I used some silver and red ribbon from my stash. My husband gave me a very nice Canon printer for Christmas, and I used it to print "all you need is love" on white linen cardstock. (He also gave me some Beatles CDs which influenced my choice of sentiment.) I did some machine stitching, and I love that the stitching isn't straight (so unlike me). I finished it off with a Sizzix die cut heart painted silver. I love the way my card turned out, and I love the extra piece that hangs over the edge of the card. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Awww I love reading how your card was influenced!
Dont you love when things just come together! Your card is darling!! Thanks for playing!
Laura

~Christina~ said...

Beautiful card. The stitching looks awesome.

Terrie B x said...

Your card is beautiful`:)

Savitri said...

Very pretty! Great job with the challenge!!!

rae said...

Fabulous card, awesome take on Laura's sketch!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Beautiful! I love the stamped background and the silver heart!

Mrs J said...

Steph, your card is stunning! I love the bold look of combining red, black and white, it looks so striking. Love the sentiment you printed too.
Sarah x

Tonya said...

This is a very nice card! I love the stamped paper and the stitching! Great job!

Marley said...

beautiful card!