January 31, 2009

2S4Y Rae's Bonus Sketch/Card-A-Licious

I had a little time to work on a card today, so I decided to combine Rae's 2S4Y bonus sketch with this week's Card-A-Licious challenge (orange/green/journaling tag). Here is Rae's sketch--

And my belated birthday card for my friend, Staci--

I think this is the first time I've made a square card. Since I'll be hand delivering the card tomorrow, not having a square envelope won't be an issue. I used cardstock (Making Memories) and patterned paper from a very old Provo Craft slab. They papers are kind of bright and a little obnoxious. I added some ribbon (Target $1 spot), eyelets (Making Memories), and a stamped sentiment (Inkadinkado). Since I didn't have a premade journaling tag, this is my attempt at making one. :) Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!! Love the bright happy colors ~ fabulous take on my sketch, thanks for playing with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph
    Laura is out of town so I am filling in for her - I love your cheerful interpretation of Rae's sketch and I see she likes it too :)
    Hugs
    Kazan
    PS Your link worked perfectly *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute! I LOVE those bright fun colors! Great take on Rae's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cheery & happy, loooove this on a Monday morning!

    hugs & love!
    danni

    thanks for the inspiration this week @ cardalicious

    ReplyDelete