Friday, January 23, 2009

2S4Y Kazan's Sketch 18/Caardvarks Polka/Card-A-Licious

This is the first time I have managed to make one card that worked for three challenges. I based my card on Kazan's fun sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You--

I already had my patterned paper picked out when I saw the new Caardvarks challenge was to make a card using polka dots (and I LOVE polka dots). Then when I was visiting blogs looking at all the great 2S4Y cards, I found the Card-A-Licious blog. The challenge there was to make a card using a circle, a flower, and something sparkley. So I came up with this. . .
I spent most of my free time this week making my cards for my application for the 2S4Y Spring Design Team. I was lucky to have today off so I was able to finish this card during naptime (which began with an hour of several very loud rendititions of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" coming from my two-year-old son's room--apparently he didn't want to take a nap). Now I need to get a little quick cleaning done before my husband gets home from work so it looks like I got something other than card-making accomplished today. Thanks for looking!
Cardstock: Bazzill (my splurge)
Patterned Paper: Making Memories (17 cents on clearance at Michael's)
Sentiments: printed on my computer
Stamp/Ink: Vap! scrap candle stamp, StazOn Timber Brown
Die Cuts: Sizzix circle and daisy
Other: buttons, ribbon, water color pencils and Stickles on the candles

9 comments:

Kath said...

fab card for Kazan's sketch...love the ribbons and good luck with the Spring DT
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Kazan Clark said...

First of all I LOOOOVE this card. It is so cute and that you managed to do 3 challenges with it is amazing. Secondly I do exactly the same thing you do: I speed clean so that the house is clean as a whistle before Kev gets home..oh the things we do to have time to craft :)
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Mrs J said...

Steph, this is so cute! Love the fresh colours you've used and the polka dots, and great that you managed to cover challenges in one! With you on the speed cleaning - got it down to a fine art now, lol!
Mrs Jx

rae said...

Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch, love the tied ribbon!!

dannisdoodles said...

what a PRECIOUS card, love this!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute...I love what you did with the ribbon! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Katie said...

This is soo cute :) I love your cards...good luck on making the DT!

Hugs,
Katie

Heidi Van Laar said...

Absolutely adorable! I love those polka dots!

cheryln said...

so fun! love the ribbon and the birthday candles!