Even though I don't need anymore crafting tools, I just bought a Cuttlebug because I couldn't pass up the 50% sale at Michael's. I have a Sizzix and a Cricut, but I love the embossing with the Cuttlebug. It is so much fun! I didn't use any patterned paper on this card which is pretty unusual for me. I embossed navy blue and silver cardstock with the Cuttlebug scroll embossing folder. I highlighted the blue cardstock with some silver ink. I used a Martha Stewart border punch, and the snowflake is a Sizziz die cut. I stamped "warm wishes" (Plaid All Night Media) in navy blue ink and finished with some blue and silver ribbon and silver craft wire that I tried to bend into scrolls.
Kazan shared her Thankful List, and I would also like to share the five things I'm most thankful for. I'm sure they're the same things so many others are thankful for, but I feel truly blessed each and every day.
- My family--My wonderful husband and son, my parents, my brothers, and my husband's family. We're blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful and caring people.
- My friends--Our lives get busier and we don't see each other or talk as much as we'd like, but my friends are always there when I need them most. They accept me for who I am.
- My job--With the state of the economy, I am blessed to have a job I enjoy (most days, anyway). I can pay my bills. My family has health insurance. My work is appreciated.
- My home--It isn't fancy, and it's usually pretty cluttered. But it's warm, and it's ours.
- My crafting--I love having hobbies I enjoy and that give me a little break from my hectic life. I love being creative. I love the internet and online communities that connect me to other creative people around the world who continually inspire me.