October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

One of the great things about having a child is the excitement surrounding the holidays. I'm the excited one. My son it still too young to realize what is going on. I've been waiting for Halloween so he could wear his costume trick-or-treating. I made him this Elmo costume because it would be nice and warm, but it was an unseasonably warm October day here in Omaha. I love this furry, silky fleece even though it's not fun to cut (huge mess) or sew with, but it makes the cutest costumes. The best part is the hat, and I've decided making costumes is one of my favorite Mom jobs. My mom always made us great costumes, and as the oldest I was lucky to always have a new costume. My poor brothers always had to wear hand-me-downs which is why I never got to be a princess. Anyway, here's the Elmo costume with a better view of the hat. Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. he looks adorable and wtg on making his costume! Awesome job mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete