September 12, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You--Laura's Sketch 8

This week has been so busy, I didn't think I'd get a card done in time! Instead of cleaning the house this morning, I decided my time would be better spent making my card based on Laura's sketch--I made this cute little baby card--
The patterned paper is from a Provo Craft Slab I've had at least four or five years. I made the elephant out of gray felt using a foam stamp for the pattern. I sewed around the edge with a zig zag stitch (had some problems on the tail) and also did some zig zag stitching on the paper. The "congratulations" stamp is a $1 Michael's stamp. The picture isn't very good because it's so cloudy today, but I wanted to get my card posted before I head off to work. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so Adorable : ) Love that elephant he is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh this is darling! I am working on a elephant card right now!:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look how lovely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is so cute Steph - love that little elephant and well done on cutting him from felt
    Love
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!! That felt elephant is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love elephants and your card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Elephant, how clever to think of using felt! :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete