July 26, 2008

Caardvarks Sketch Challenge--Laura's Sketch

I finally got a chance to make a card for Laura's sketch for the Caardvarks challenge. Here's Laura's great sketch--

Here's my card based on her sketch--


It didn't turn out exactly like what I had pictured, but I think it's kind of cute. I used sage green cardstock, floral patterned paper (me & my big ideas), and some silk flowers and a brad I had in my stash. I used some blue fabric from my fabric stash and made gathered strips from it. The frayed edges on the fabric is really out there for me--I always like a nice finished edge on everything! "Just a note" is stamped in brown ink. I really enjoyed making cards from the sketches and found a great new blog at 2 Sketches 4 You.

2 comments:

  1. I love the textured from those gathered strips of fabric ... fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and the texture is really good.

    sarahx

    ReplyDelete